I have very fond memories of this recipe. I’m not sure of its provenance, but my mother would cook it often and when the nutmeg was introduced into the pan, the scent would waft through the house and call the family to dinner.
Mom's Vegetarian Spaghetti
- 0.5 lbs Spaghetti
- 4 oz Mushrooms (Sliced)
- 1 Onion (Chopped or Sliced)
- 2 Tomatoes (Sliced)
- 1 Garlic Clove (Minced)
- 3 oz Cheese (Grated)
- 0.75 pint Vegetable Stock
- To Taste Salt, Pepper, and Nutmeg
- Boil water for spaghetti and cook 'til near done according to personal taste.
- Saute chopped onion in olive oil.
- Add mushrooms and cook down for 5 minutes.
- Add sliced tomatoes, vegetable stock, and garlic.
- Simmer 10 minutes.
- Add seasonings to taste.
- Add drained, cooked spaghetti and cook five minutes over gentle heat.
- Add cheese, stir, and plate.