Date Nut Pudding (courtesy K. Williamson)
- 1 C All Purpose Flour
- 1 C Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Baking Powder
- Pinch Salt
- 1 C Dates (Chopped)
- 1 C Walnuts (Chopped)
- 1/2 C Whole Milk
- 1 1/2 C Boiling Water
- 1 C Brown Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Grease and flour a deep casserole pan or baking pan (must be at least 4 inches deep).
- Blend flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, dates, and walnuts together in a large bowl.
- Make a well in the middle and add milk.
- Mix with wooden spoon or spatula till well blended.
- Pour batter into prepared casserole dish.
- Melt butter and brown sugar in boiling water.
- Slowly pour over batter in casserole dish.
- Bake for 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted into cake comes out clean.
- Serve warm or at room temperature with freshly made whipped cream.