Chicken & Mushroom Marsala
- 3 Chicken Breasts
- 4 oz Button Mushrooms (Sliced)
- 1 Shallot (Minced)
- 1 C Marsala Wine
- 4 tbsp Heavy Cream
- If chicken breasts are really thick, cut in half lengthwise.
- Brine breasts in 4 C water and 4 tbsp salt for an hour.
- Season breasts with salt and pepper.
- Pan fry breasts in 2 tbsp oil on medium-high for a few minutes and flip when half cooked.
- Remove breasts from pan.
- Brown mushrooms in pan until soft (a couple minutes).
- When the mushrooms are near done, add minced shallots.
- Add marsala and scrape the fond off the bottom of the pan.
- Reduce marsala a couple of minutes.
- Add heavy cream, stir well.
- Reduce mixture until it can coat the back of a spoon.
- Re-incorporate chicken breasts to coat.
Originally found at Cooking for Engineers.